1 Our data protection promise
Our goal is to create a culture where everyone at Vodafone has a clear understanding of how important privacy is to our employees and how to ensure it is respected. Our Privacy Promise sets out the principles that govern our approach to privacy and how we communicate with employees, partners and other stakeholders about relevant issues – such as: B. the development of products to protect privacy or support in law enforcement.
Vodafone's privacy principles are:
How we work
- Accountability:We are responsible for living these principles throughout our corporate family, including when working with our partners and suppliers. We have responsible data protection compliance measures in place and we monitor and enforce our adherence to these principles;
- Fairness and Legality:We comply with data protection laws and act with integrity and fairness. We will work with governments, regulators, policymakers and opinion leaders to create better and stronger privacy laws and standards;
- Openness and Honesty:We communicate clearly about measures we take that may affect privacy, we ensure that our actions reflect our words, and we welcome feedback on our actions;
- Choice and access:We empower people to make simple, meaningful choices about their privacy, and where appropriate, allow individuals to access, update, or delete their personal information.
How we manage and protect information
- Safety Precautions:We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, use, alteration or loss.
How we design our products and services
- Privacy by design:Respect for privacy is a key component in the design, development and delivery of our products and services
How we make decisions
- Balance:When we must balance the right to privacy against other obligations necessary to a free and safe society, we work to minimize the privacy impact
2 Who we are
Vodafone Enterprise Europe (UK) Limited – Dubai Branch is the controller of your personal data. We are a member of the Vodafone Group and manage human resources, including the processing of personal data of Vodafone Enterprise Europe employees.
3 The definition
In this privacy statement:
- “we/us” means Vodafone Enterprise Europe (UK) Limited – Dubai Branch;
- “Third Party” means someone who is not you or us or part of the Vodafone Group; And
- “Vodafone Group” means Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other entity in which Vodafone Group Plc owns 50% or more of the share capital
4 The Basics
4.1 Personal Information We Collect About You
4.1.1 Vodafone processes your personal data based on:
- Legitimate business interest of Vodafone, when you apply for a job at Vodafone, you are providing us with your personal information and you agree that we may use that information to evaluate your application, guide your application through the recruitment process, make a decision about your suitability for to meet the position and to contact you throughout the recruitment process
- consent you givewe may ask you for voluntary information, such as your age group and gender. You can withdraw your consent at any time by editing your candidate profile.
- compliance with the lawwhen certain information is required to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement.
4.1.2 How we collect personal information about you
We collect personal information about you when you express a general interest or apply for a specific job at Vodafone. Some of the information we collect about you is necessary to assess your application to Vodafone and to contact you during the recruitment process, e.g. B. Your phone number, email address, CV. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to evaluate your application or contact you for an interview or to make you an offer. We may collect information about you from recruitment agencies or from the public internet where you have made that information publicly available, for example we may find your profile on LinkedIn and contact you about suitable vacancies.
4.1.3 The types of information we may collect about you include:
- Personal Data, such as name, personal email address, current address, telephone number;
- Recruitment Information, such as application form (website and paper), CV, CVs, interview notes of successful candidates, interview notes of unsuccessful candidates, video interviews, references from previous employers, psychometric test results;
- Internal candidate informationB. Vodafone references, interview notes, internal transfer or promotion, succession planning records;
- Identification Information, such as B. Proof of Identity;
- authentication information, username and password for the recruitment portal;
- Cookies, such as B. Performance and functionality cookies.
We may also process sensitive personal information about you – but only where strictly necessary to assess your suitability for the position you have applied for. For example, we may collect records of criminal convictions or labor law in the country where you are applying to conduct security clearances where required by local law;
We may collect information such as your age, gender or nationality in order to assess who applies for jobs at Vodafone in order to achieve our diversity and inclusion goals - but only if you voluntarily provide this information and give us your consent to the processing provide this information.
4.2 How we use information about you
We may process the personal data we collect about you for the following purposes: recruiting people for jobs, the information you provide to us will be shared with the Vodafone company to which you apply in order to fill your Evaluate and advance job applications and provide any verifications required by local law. If you apply for more than one job, your information will be shared with each Vodafone company to which you have applied;
- Resources for jobs, if you express a general interest in a career at Vodafone, the information you provide will be stored by us and searched by people employed by Vodafone to assist us in filling future vacancies. If you apply for a specific job and are not successful, the information you provide will be stored so that we can consider you for future suitable job offers - but only where we have obtained your consent to do so;
- Create an employee record, if your application is successful, the information you provide during the application process will become part of your employee file and will be used to administer your employment and to manage your career at Vodafone;
- Analyst, we may use some of the personal information you provide for various reporting purposes, including, for example, to report on our diversity goals or the nature and volume of applications to Vodafone and related trends – you will not be personally identified from these reports;
- Screening, we may make an automatic decision about the suitability of your application based on certain criteria. For example, graduates must be proficient in English and have a university degree to be considered for a job at Vodafone - we will make you aware of this whenever we are collecting information to make an automated decision about you.
4.3 Who we share information about you with
We may share personal information about you with:
- Other Vodafone group companies who process your personal data solely and exclusively for the purposes set out in Section 4.2;
- third parties, such as B. Recruitment agencies, testing providers and others who help us to fill vacancies and assess the suitability of candidates and advance applications. Where we use third parties, Vodafone will ensure they meet the same privacy and security standards as Vodafone;
- Law enforcement agencies, government agencies, regulators, courts or other public authorities where we are required or permitted by law to do so;
- A third party or entity if such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or other legal or regulatory requirements.
4.4 Where we process information about you
4.5 How long we keep information about you
We keep your data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. If you are successful we will retain your details for the duration of your employment in case you wish to apply for other positions at Vodafone. If we are unable to offer you a position, we may keep your data for up to 2 years to contact you about future positions that may interest you, but only where we have obtained your consent to do so - you can withdraw your consent at any time in your candidate profile.
We will anonymize your information in accordance with our retention policy and may retain these anonymized records to monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment process. For example, we may generate reports to understand which nationalities have applied for jobs at Vodafone in the last 12 months - you will not be identifiable in these reports.
5 Your Rights
- Right to rectification or update of information:You have the right to have any information we hold about you rectified if it is inaccurate. If the information we hold about you needs to be updated or you think it is inaccurate, you can update your information in your Candidate Profile or contact us at any time to update it;
- Access right:Would you like a copy of the personal data we hold about you? You can request a copy of your personal data at email@example.com;
- Right to object:You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Vodafone for the purposes set out in Section 4.2 “How we use data about you”. This includes, for example, making an automated decision about you for verification purposes. If you wish to object to the processing, you can change your application in your candidate profile or withdraw your application. You can submit an objection request or contest an automated decision we have made about you to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Right to erasure:In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we erase the personal information we hold about you. You can request the deletion of your data at email@example.com; ;
- Right to restrict the use of your data:If you think that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or that we should not be processing your personal data, you may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of that data. You can request restriction of processing at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Right to data portability:In certain circumstances, you have the right to take the personal data that you have provided to us with you. You can request a copy of your personal data at email@example.com;
This privacy statement will be updated from time to time, so we encourage you to periodically review it on the recruitment portal. If we make a major change, we will post it on the recruitment portal you use to apply.
7 How to contact us
If you have any further questions about this privacy notice or how we process your data, please email the Group Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with the processing of your personal data, you can contact the following address:
The data protection officer
Dubai International Financial Centre Authority
Level 14, the gate
PO Box 74777
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 362 2623
Fax: +971 4 362 2656